Hiring the right talent, and developing people is very important to us at Harlan County Health System. Putting the right people on our team is the key to providing our patients with excellent care!
For information regarding open positions, please contact the Human Resources Department by calling 308-928-3004. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com or mail/drop off your application, resume, and cover letter to PO Box 836, Alma, NE 68920 - Attn: Human Resources. Application link can be found below.
Patient Care Technician/Registration (Night Shift):
Full Time 12-HR Shift - 7 pm - 7 am
This position serves as first point of contact with patients and their families, completing patient registration, operating the switchboard, and assisting patients and their families as needed. Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under direct supervision. Assists patients with activities of daily living, providing for personal care, comfort and assistance as necessary.
Full Time; Day shift.
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Job Type: Full-time position
PRN LPN/RN (Clinic):
Job Type: PRN
This person would help cover late night clinic on Mondays, employee days off/vacations, and any other time needed.
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) Night Shift:
Job Description: Utilizes assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation techniques to provide comprehensive and competent patient care. Provides effective interaction with patients, family members and staff, and coordinates interdepartmental patient care activities while maintaining nursing standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience in a hospital setting preferred
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current Nebraska RN license
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
• PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) within 12 months of hire
• TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) within 6 months of hire
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the general knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
• Ability to generate, read, interpret, and take action as it relates to basic financial statements, national and state regulations, operational and maintenance and organizational policy/procedures
• Ability to write reports and correspondence
• Ability to effectively communicate
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively to maintain good working relationships
• Ability to work with skill in identifying problems; making frequent decisions regarding method of performance
Job Type: Full-Time, Night Shift
LPN Night Shift:
We are looking for a reliable LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for patients in a hospital setting. You will work under the supervision of a registered nurse or doctor. LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. It is a demanding job but also very rewarding.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must
- Previous LPN experience preferred
- Current Nebraska LPN-C licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Job Type: Full-time - Night Shift