Hiring the right talent, and developing people is very important to us at Harlan County Health System. Putting the right people on our team is the key to providing our patients with excellent care!
-Registered Nurse RN
Job Description: Utilizes assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation techniques to provide comprehensive and competent patient care. Provides effective interaction with patients, family members and staff, and coordinates interdepartmental patient care activities while maintaining nursing standards.
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience in a hospital setting preferred
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
• Current Nebraska RN license
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
• PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) within 12 months of hire
• TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) within 6 months of hire
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the general knowledge, skill, and / or ability required:
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
• Ability to generate, read, interpret, and take action as it relates to basic financial statements, national and state regulations, operational and maintenance and organizational policy/procedures
• Ability to write reports and correspondence
• Ability to effectively communicate
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively to maintain good working relationships
• Ability to work with skill in identifying problems; making frequent decisions regarding method of performance
-Night CNA/Ward Clerk
-Part Time Clinic RN
-Part Time RN
-Part Time LPN
Provides professional nursing care under supervision, for assigned patients in assigned areas. Utilizes knowledge and skills obtained in LPN-C course to assist Registered Nurse in provision of patient care.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program*
- Previous LPN experience*
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
- Current Nebraska LPN-C licensure*
- Basic Life Support (BLS)*
What You’ll Do-
- Provide and administer individualized skilled nursing care to assigned patients
- Provide physical, educational, and emotional support to patients, friends, and families
- Administer medications accurately, safely, and consistent with the patient's condition and plan of care according to the policies and procedures of the department
- Ensure concise, pertinent and complete patient care documentation using computerized medical record process
- Accurately performs treatments utilizing sterile or clean techniques for patient’s needing wound care/dressing change Requirements- We are looking for a responsible and compassionate LPN with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process. Additional Requirements For This Role Include-
- Current LPN license that allows you to practice in Nebraska
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) requiredAdditional Information
- Schedule- PRN
- Shift- Varies
Job Type: Part-time
-Full Time Clinical Informatics Specialist
• Exceptionally comfortable in clinical processes.
• Actively contribute to an innovative team dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical delivery and quality outcomes through effective clinical software use.
• Develop, publish and implement training modules for new, existing and upgraded clinical informatics software, including all education materials, training schedules, exercises, and skills evaluations.
• Create and administer training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
• Gain an in-depth knowledge of clinical software, operational workflows, clinical informatics software data analysis and determine how best to maximize clinical software functionality to complement and improve workflows.
• Train managers, supervisors, physicians and staff to optimize the use of clinical informatics software through implementation, education, training, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational goals.
• Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the use of clinical informatics software and support end user accountability to those policies and procedures.
• Incorporate change management principles to facilitate workflow and business process changes, ensuring the success and optimization of new or upgraded clinical informatics software.
• Ensure that new or upgraded clinical informatics software is used in a way to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy, in accordance with HIPAA and all other applicable regulatory agency requirements.
• Has a clear understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and develops and follows department policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
• Hold individual responsibility for the 1 on 1 training, successful utilization, and Super User development.
• Implement Help/Support Desk solutions on-site as needed and provide feedback on potential issues. Responsible for development and management of Informatics.
• Make necessary decisions to ensure ongoing operations within budget.
• Demonstrates leadership through practice of effective communication, and assesses effectiveness of departmental goals and objectives. Demonstrates familiarity with the facility.
• Serves as a resource regarding regulatory implications.
• Carries out an ongoing evaluation of implemented EMR system.
• Stay updated with the latest information about the healthcare industry.
• Ensure that the healthcare technology systems run properly and give the desired output.
• Coordinate with information technology to fix any faults that may come up in these systems.
• Prepare various reports related to the healthcare technology systems.
• Serves as liaison with physicians and other team members.
• Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate articles, journals, and related materials, and by attending seminars, conferences, workshops, etc.
• Works effectively as a team member within the facility to provide quality service to hospital departments through communication, cooperation, and collaboration
• Provides organizational leadership to achieve high-quality, cost-effective patient services.
• Maintains confidentiality of patients, department and hospital.
• Familiarity with general hardware and software.
• Customize software to meet the needs of the health system.
• Plans and coordinates area work schedule to ensure proper staffing.
• Expands job-related knowledge and skills to improve and adjust to change.
• Develops and participates in departmental QI.
• Attends scheduled in-services that pertain to the hospital as a whole.
• Maintains quality of care for all patients entering the facility.
• Performs other related duties as needed in order to support the achievement of department and facility goals and objectives.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned.